Crisp, thinly-sliced cucumbers are marinated in a simple dressing of white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, and fresh dill for a refreshing, sweet-and-sour salad that makes a perfect summer side dish!
- 1 1/2 pounds cucumbers (try to avoid large seeds by using small cucumbers or English hothouse cucumbers), unpeeled & very thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt (I use sea salt)
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste