This dinner is out of this world amazing.
And, the crockpot does virtually all the work. It’s perfect for a chilly winter night.
Don’t let the cheese bread part of this recipe title fool you, it’s a hearty chili, that is perfectly tasty on its own. But, if you want a real treat, serve it on that French bread . Oh. My!
Frog Prince and I ate every crumb.
Italian Sausage Vegetable Chili Cheese Bread
1 loaf French Bread
Monterrey Jack Cheese, slices (1-2 per piece of bread)
1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 1 loaf French Bread
- Monterrey Jack Cheese, slices (1-2 per piece of bread)
- 1/2 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 4 medium bell peppers (green, red, yellow and orange)
- 1 onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium zucchini, quartered
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp. dried minced garlic
- 1 tsp. basil*
- 1 tsp. oregano*
- *Or, 2 tsp. Italian seasoning