If you are looking for an easy dinner, one that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less, than this is your dinner.
- If you are looking for an easy dinner, one that can be on the table in 30 minutes or less, than this is your dinner.
- Best yet, it is made in 1 pot, which means you can have dinner cleaned up in less than 30 minutes too.
- We’ve made one other one pot pasta dish, a cheeseburger variety, but I’m partial to this one simply because I love the combination of the whole grain penne with tomatoes, basil and cheese. It’s delicious.
- One Pot Penne Pasta – Adapted from Apron Strings
- 3 C whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 T minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- salt & pepper
- 4 C chicken broth
- 1/2 – 1 C water, if needed
- 4 T Parmesan cheese, divided