This Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole is a favorite Sunday dinner at our house. It’s quick and easy to throw together and tastes delicious!
Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Layer rice, 1 c. cheese, salt and pepper in pan. Place chicken breasts on top. Dob rounded teaspoons of cream of chicken soup over the chicken breasts and rice. Pour water on top and sprinkle with onion soup mix. Bake uncovered for 1½ hours, checking water after 1 hour. (If water is absorbed before chicken and rice are completely cooked, you can add an additional ½ c. to keep moist) Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining ½ c. cheese. **If using brown rice, cooking time will be about 15 minutes longer.
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thawed
- 2 c. uncooked rice (not minute rice)
- 1½ c. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cans (10.5 oz.) cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- 3 c. water
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix