One of our new favorite recipes that I’ve been making a lot recently is a baked salmon with lemon mustard dill sauce. It’s absolutely delicious as well as super fast and easy, so I wanted to be sure to share the full recipe so you guys can enjoy it yourselves!
This is one of our new go-to weeknight meals because it’s really simple to make. Matt loves it, too, which says a lot since he’s not a huge salmon guy!
I first found out about this meal idea from my mom, who stumbled upon this similar recipe online. She tweaked it and used plain yogurt in place of the sour cream, but otherwise followed the recipe. When she made it for us awhile ago we loved it so much I have made it a few times since, but with additional tweaks, like lemon juice in the sauce as well as the marinade, nixing the pinch of sugar and olive oil in the sauce, using all dijon mustard vs. whole grain mustard, tweaking the quantities of the juice/dill/olive oil, etc. After making the recipe a few times I came up with what I thought was the perfect combination, so it was officially time to share.
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 4 salmon fillets, patted dry with paper towels
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice