I know it looks like I showed up with a bowl of marshmallows today, but I swear there’s fruit in there too.
My oldest started talking about fruit salad as soon as our weather warmed up. My kids eat fruit all day long but for some reason, he wants it cut up and tossed together. In an effort to become the favorite parent while my husband is deployed, I threw in some marshmallows.
I have to admit, 2 out of 3 of my kids wouldn’t eat it. Like, wouldn’t even try it. But the one that requested fruit salad has been having some with every meal and continues to rave about. And btw, what kind of kid turns their nose up at what amounts to basically a marshmallow salad?
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 (10.5 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream