This Bubble Up Lasagna Bake is a fun twist on an old favorite and a great way to get the sauce, cheesy, meaty flavors you love without prep time and layering. My husband loved this one, though I have to make his without mushrooms – it still tastes great! Better yet, a generous, filling serving of this casserole is only 335 calories or 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints.
Looking for more easy, lightened up comfort food casseroles like this Bubble Up Lasagna Bake? Check out my Cottage Pie, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake, Layered Chicken Enchilada Bake, Chili Cornbread Bake, Teriyaki Chicken and Rice Casserole, Bubble Up Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake, Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole, Bubble Up Pizza Casserole, Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Bake, Sausage and Stuffing Brunch Bake, Deep Dish Sloppy Joe Casserole, Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole and many more in the casserole section of my recipe index!
Bubble Up Lasagna Casserole
- 8 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of all liquid)
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 (7.5 oz) can of refrigerated biscuit dough, biscuits cut into quarters (I used Wegmans brand, Pillsbury also makes them – if you can only find Grands, weigh out 7.5 ounces and cut them into small bite-sized pieces)
- ½ cup fat free ricotta cheese