Y’all, this Southwest Steak Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing has everything. Spicy steak, creamy dressing, sweet corn, tart lime, crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, hearty black beans, crunchy tortilla strips – what more could you want? Perfect for lunch or satisfying enough for dinner, this could be your new go-to salad! Don’t be intimidated by making your own dressing, you literally just throw everything in a blender. This salad is easy to make and super filling for just 367 calories or 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints! I especially like this one because it looks and tastes like I ordered it from a restaurant, but I know it’s much healthier.
As with all salads, if you’re not using all four servings of this Southwest Steak Salad at once, make sure to build the servings you are using and then store the different salad components separately, undressed. Then when you’re ready to make additional servings everything will still be fresh and ready to go. The steak and corn/black bean topping can both be served hot or cold on this salad, so do whichever suits your preferences!
For more light and tasty salad recipes, check out my Pepperoni Pizza Salad, Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, Roasted Beet Salad, Broccoli Salad, Avocado Bacon Corn Panzanella Salad, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, Antipasto Salad, Harvest Apple Salad, Doritos Taco Salad, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Chicken Souvlaki Salad and many more in the salad section of my recipe index!
Southwest Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing
- ½ of a ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb raw lean, trimmed flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 5 teaspoons southwest seasoning (I use McCormick)
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup drained and rinsed canned black beans
- ½ cup chopped grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 of a lime
- 12 cups lettuce, torn (I used green leaf lettuce)
- 8 tablespoons tortilla strips