Summer is salad season, and this Avocado BLT Pasta Salad is the perfect crowd-pleaser to bring to any picnic or barbecue or to make for yourself at home! Hearty pasta, crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes and fresh lettuce all tossed in a creamy avocado dressing – it’s so many of my favorite things in one dish! This pasta salad is great as a side dish or for lunch and a one cup serving is only 175 calories or 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints! I particularly love pairing it with chicken or steak off the grill.
This Avocado BLT Pasta Salad is super easy and comes together quickly, but you can even make the pasta ahead of time if you want it to go faster. After cooking, rinse the pasta to cool before storing and when you’re ready to use it just rinse and drain it again before adding the other ingredients. So simple!
Looking for more tasty lightened up salads? Check out my Pepperoni Pizza Salad, Strawberry Quinoa Salad, Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, Broccoli Salad, Roasted Beet Salad, Honey Mint Citrus Salad, Taco Chicken Salad, Avocado Bacon Corn Panzanella Salad, Antipasto Salad, Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad, Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Harvest Apple Salad, Hummus Chicken Salad, Doritos Taco Salad, Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad, Cheeseburger Salad, Avocado Chicken Salad, Chicken Souvlaki Salad and more in the Salad section of my recipe index!
Avocado BLT Pasta Salad
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (I used cavatappi)
- 8 slices center cut bacon
- 6 oz of avocado, mashed (for me 6 ounces was the weight of one avocado after removing the skin and pit)
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup low fat mayonnaise (I used Hellmann’s)
- 1 ½ teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes (I sliced mine into quarters)
- 2 cups shredded or thinly sliced romaine or green leaf lettuce