I was trying to think of something really easy to throw together for dinner and I was really in the mood for a cheesy, hearty comfort food casserole – this Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake turned out to be just the thing! I started with my recipe for Cheesy Potluck Potatoes and decided to turn it into a main dish by adding chicken and giving it a Buffalo flavored twist. It turned out awesome, it’s so simple to make and it’s also a great way to use up leftover chicken. I suggest pairing this Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake with a salad or some roasted vegetables for a tasty, complete meal. Each creamy, cheesy serving of the casserole is only 302 calories or 7 Weight Watchers SmartPoints – you’ll never believe it when you try it!
Looking for more ways to incorporate that Buffalo chicken flavor into your meal plan? Check out my recipes for Buffalo Chicken Soup, Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad, Buffalo Chicken Taquitos, Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups, Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bake, Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas, Buffalo Cheese Bread, Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese Muffins, Buffalo Wing Hummus, Buffalo Chicken Pizza and many more in the Buffalo Flavor section of my recipe index!
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Potato Bake
- 20 oz bag refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes or Reser’s)
- 2 tablespoons light butter, melted (I use Land O’Lakes)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced or shredded
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot wing sauce)
- 2 oz full fat sharp cheddar cheese