This Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad is a fun, creamy, spicy twist on traditional pasta salad that makes a great main dish for lunch or dinner as well a crowd-pleasing potluck option. I liked the idea of lightening it up a bit by making it part pasta salad, part green salad using the Romaine and it turned out amazing. The romaine, celery and carrots give crunch, it’s super hearty and filling with the chicken, veggies and pasta, and the sauce is creamy with a nice little Buffalo kick.
If you want to make less, it’s easy to halve the recipe, and I especially love it as a portable weekday lunch option. If you do want to serve it as a side dish at a cookout or potluck, I would just cut the serving size in half for 16 servings of 2/3 cup each.
- 12 oz dry wheat pasta (I used Farfalle)
- 12 oz chopped cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (mine was grilled)
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup light blue cheese dressing (I used Marzetti Light)
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce (adjust to taste if desired)