This Paleo Carrot Soup recipe with spicy ginger and rich coconut milk will warm you to the bone on a snowy day.
During the last year my husband and I were lucky enough to eat at the Post Ranch Inn in Northern California. We had an incredible meal which included a stunning salad as well as carrot ginger soup, and more. I spoke to our server to get an idea of what was in that amazing carrot soup so that I could turn it into one of my healthy dinner recipes –that’s how this Paleo Carrot Soup recipe was born.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 large carrots, chopped (around 1 pound)
- 1 green apple, chopped
- ½ ounce fresh ginger, chopped
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock or water
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 drops stevia (optional)
- Garnish with fresh lime