Healthy yet tasty gingersnaps are a deliciously addictive traditional holiday cookie. My gluten free, grain free version contain a good dose of anti-inflammatory ginger. I’m passionate about creating desserts that please the palate and contain super foods as well –a win-win situation for myself, my family and my readers.
These cookies are one of those rare vegan, yet primal friendly treats. These nutritious cookies are the perfect primal friendly treat. I won’t call them Paleo as I believe many peeps will take the opportunity to point out that this is not a perfectly Paleo cookie recipe –pretty close though.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons palm shortening (I use Spectrum shortening)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar for dipping