There’s nothing like baked fruit desserts in summer. With seasonal, fresh, luscious ingredients, this gluten free Apple Blackberry Crisp is the perfect healthy and scrumptious, warm weather delight. When finished off with a high protein almond flour topping, baked treats such as this are superfood in the form of dessert. Now what’s better than that?
Our summer started last Thursday when the boys finished school, and we are having an excellent time thus far. Our house has been the setting for lots of sleep overs, lunches, snacks and water balloon fights for the boys and all of their friends.
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (Gala, Braeburn or Honeycrisp)
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or palm shortening
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey