When I was a child I loved crackers. Still do. I especially loved Wheat Thins. Can’t have those anymore. Solution? I’ve made my own. These tasty Wheat Thins remind me of the yummy little crackers in the yellow package of my childhood. The ones my mother bought for parties. The ones that weren’t gluten free.
That was back in the days before we knew about celiac disease and gluten free living. Before my mother was diagnosed with celiac. Before I was diagnosed, and my son, and my sister. Before this auto-immune disorder wreaked havoc on my family.
- 1 cup firmly packed almond pulp
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxmeal
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey