…savoring the fall!
While the dazzling colors of autumn are rare treat in the town where we live, the flavors are not. There has not been a day in this house without indulging on bowls of pomegranates for the past many weeks. These shimmering jewels have taken over any given fruit at this moment.
My dad brought back a bottle of the golden syrup of the fall from Michigan farmer’s market. Maple Syrup: the flavors of which abundantly reminds me of the Nolen gur back home, the sticky dripping date palm jaggery that dominates the winters in Bengal.
- 1 cup all purpose flour + 1/4 cup whole wheat, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoon coarsely ground flaxseed
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1+ 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnut, or adjust to taste
- melted butter to cook the pancakes
- pure maple syrup and pomegranates, and more walnuts to serve with