Another Kale tale? I won’t write any. Only a recipe.
We are not kale activists. Neither are we kale haters. We have just embraced kale into our lifestyle like any other greens. It was added to our kitchen only couple of years ago. The frenzy of creating continuous kale chips was a phase here, once upon a time, as the daughter kept on making them and we kept on eating. They were good with a squeeze of lemon. But no more. It just was easier to incorporate it in our every day life just like spinach or chard.
- approx. 5 cups of cooked rice
- 4-5 large stalks and leaves of kale
- 6-8 tablespoons of Coriander (and Mint) Chutney or to taste.
- 2-3 tablespoon oil
- 1-2 slit hot green chilli peppers
- 1/4 cup urad dal/white lentils –
- 3/4 cups sliced onions
- salt to taste
- fresh lemon/lime juice to finish off
- Crushed red pepper –
- nuts like cashews (or any other) for garnish –