This is how you create a delish creative meal out of leftovers! I had leftover fettuccine with roasted garlic tomato sauce so I whipped up my simple frittata filling & baked it up! Topped off w my sun dried tomato tapenade truly turns these leftovers into a flavor filled fresh meal!
Yesterday was a big day! We recently adopted a rescue black lab puppy and have been loving every second of it! We’re exposing her to the outdoors early – she went camping for my birthday, ventured to Peekamoose to the swimming holes (it wasn’t warm enough for her to go swimming…YET!), and we carefully trained her and got her up her first little mountain! Needless to say, after cooking dinner I was a lazy bones and didn’t scrub the kitchen down after eating (gasp! I may have been passed out on the couch at a very early hour). So this morning I got to cleaning and was staring at the leftover fettuccine with roasted garlic tomato sauce and thought, “what to dooo, what to dooo with this?” I had a random idea of making a frittata out of it! I mean, why not?! Delicious ingredients transformed would still equal deliciousness, right?! I knew it needed to be revamped so I whizzed a simple sun dried tomato tapenade together to top the frittata off. Leftovers schleptovers, this turned into a fresh flavor-poppin’ dish! Now I know what I’m doing with leftover pasta from now on!
- Frittata Base: 1 14 oz extra firm tofu 1/2 Cup non-dairy milk 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast 2 Tablespoons Vegenaise 2-3 cloves garlic 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (for color) Salt to taste
- 1 14 oz extra firm tofu
- 1/2 Cup non-dairy milk
- 1/3 Cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Vegenaise
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (for color)
- Salt to taste
- 8 oz cooked pasta, in a large bowl tossed with:
- 1 Cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 batch of my sun dried tomato tapenade
- Optional: 1/2 Cup fresh basil, chopped