I recently did a poll on Facebook about whether I should share a recipe for no bake peanut butter protein balls or one for peanut butter protein cookies that require a little baking. The responses were spilt about 50/50 and several people asked if I could share both… great idea, right? So that’s what I’ll be doing. And today, I have the no bake version for ya!
I’m going to start by saying that these are first treat I’ve made with protein powder that Isaac has tried and loved! He usually always has something to say about the texture or the flavor. Not this time — he’s been eating one or two a day and repeatedly telling me how tasty they are. That’s a good sign… well for you guys — not so much for me because my supply of afternoon protein bites is diminishing rather quickly.
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 scoops of organic vanilla protein powder (I used Perfect Fit )
- heaping ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce + 1-2 Tablespoons more, if needed
- ½ cup organic freeze-dried strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate or carob chips (optional)