Yesterday was quite a relaxing day. I spent a good portion of the morning on the phone catching up with my Dad, which was great because we hadn’t had a chance to chat in way too long.
For breakfast I made a protein pancake. I’ve been stuck on the Tone It Up protein pancake since buying the Tone It Up diet plan a few weeks ago. I’ve never been a huge pancake person but protein pancakes are super easy to make, tasty, filling and apparently addictive…
For today’s version I used fresh figs from Isaac’s parents’ tree and the pancake turned out to be amazing. I think I’ve officially mastered the art of making (and flipping!) the protein pancake.
Protein Pancake with Fresh Figs
Serves 1 / Adapted from the TIU Protein Pancake
- Protein Pancake with Fresh Figs
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use brown rice protein powder)
- 3 fresh figs, mashed
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 Tablespoon chia seeds
- dash of cinnamon
- 2-3 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)