It’s the new year!
And that’s all I’ll say about that. Trust me, you’ve read it all already anyway, and I’m sure you’re tired of it at this point. So let’s just move on with our post-holiday recovery, shall we?
You can’t kid me – you might want to lose some of that holiday weight, but we all know that you don’t really want to be eating salads for the rest of January. We also know that you’ve got some leftover turkey squirreled away in your freezer from the various recent family dinners. And to top it all off…it’s cold. And what you really want is some warm, creamy soup.
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 quart chicken broth, divided
- ½ cup fat-free half and half
- 2 cups cooked, diced turkey
- Black pepper to taste