Whoever said you can’t have cookies for breakfast never tried these cookies!
A perfect April Fool’s treat!
Tomorrow is April Fool’s Day, and we all know that if you don’t catch people early, they will remember what day it is and call your bluff! That’s why these little “breakfast” cookies are the perfect trick. I served them with bacon (salty and sweet…) and toasted pound cake. They are easy to put together and they are the cutest little things in Easter baskets too!
Two holidays covered by one recipe? Perfect.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of butter flavoring
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 bags of Wiltons candy melts in white
- 24-36 Nilla Wafers