These coconut cupcakes are infused with coconut cream and topped with smooth coconut buttercream frosting….YUM!!!
Coconut is one of my very favorite flavors. So many people dislike it and I just can’t understand!! Starbucks used to have the most amazing coconut mochas– discontinued due to lack of interest. Recently, Cheesecake Factory discontinued my favorite cheesecake- coconut cream pie. What is this world coming to?
If you like coconut, you will enjoy these cupcakes so much- they are positively bursting with coconut flavor. Honestly, they are my new favorite cupcake, followed closely by cookie dough cupcakes. If you don’t like coconut you should make cookie dough cupcakes. You need cupcakes today.
- 1 ¼ cups of cake flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/3 cup cream of coconut (plus a little to brush on top)
- 2 teaspoon water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut