salmon tartare with lemon, ginger, dill and jalepeno chilli
This Salmon tartare is a packed with flavour and can be whipped up in minutes to make an impressive appetiser snack.
There is no cooking involved so all you have to do is chop and mix up a delicious dressing. A perfect solution to satisfy my recent craving for raw meat and fish.
Like with all good quality fish you need to do very little to turn it into something extraordinary. There are so many flavours that you can add to your tartare mix – whatever takes your fancy. Things like; dill, lemon, lime, capers, cilantro, chives, chilli or onion.
- salmon tartare with lemon, ginger, dill and jalepeno chilli
- salmon tartare with home-style potato crisps
- What you will need to make a starter snack for 2 people:
- 140 – 150 g of fresh Salmon fillet skinned
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 T of fresh lemon juice
- 1 T of very finely chopped white parts of spring onions
- 1/2 t of freshly grated ginger
- a good pinch of sea salt flakes
- a few drops of sesame oil
- 1/2 t of finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 t of finely chopped pickled jalepeno chilli