I’m excited that I over the next few months I will be developing a few recipes using Mediterranean Delicacies products for Drizzle and Dip. I absolutely adore their range which is vast and includes everything from ready made dips and pates, to seafood, cheese and pickles.
This is my take on a classic Greek Spanakopita. I have left out the egg and used only the Mediterranean Delicacies Danish Feta which is creamy and delicious. I use olive oil instead of melted butter to brush down the phyllo and it works just as well. You could use melted butter instead. I also add lemon zest and juice and find it adds a lovely zing which wakes these up a bit.
- 1 pack of Mediterranean Delicacies Phyllo Pastry (you will only use 6 - 9 sheets)
- 400 gms spinach (I used baby spinach leaves)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 - 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 Tbs of chopped dill
- 1 Tbs of chopped parsley
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg (about 1/4 tsp)
- zest of a 1/4 of a lemon
- juice of a 1/4 of a lemon (or a big squeeze)
- 120gms of feta cheese
- salt and black pepper
- olive oil for brushing (you need quite a bit)