Bizerca, one of my favourite Cape Town restaurants, has recently been awarded the title of ‘best bistro’ in the 2011 Eat Out DStv Food Network Restaurant Awards. It’s so well deserved.
The raw Norwegian salmon salad with goats cheese is one of their signature dishes. Another is their braised pig trotter with seared scallop, truffle oil and petite salad, and both these items remain as permanent features at this wildly popular eatery. In addition to these classic menu items, Bizerca presents a daily bistro style chalkboard menu with a wide selection of dishes including some of Laurent’s offal specialties. He is French after all.
- 500g Norwegian Salmon (the best quality you can lay your hands on)
- 80g soft goat’s cheese / chevre
- 50g pickled ginger (cut into very thin strips)
- 40g pine nuts (toasted)
- 100g rocket (or baby greens)
- artisan Sourdough bread to serve
- lemon wedges (optional)