Recipe Reminiscent of Grandma's Cooking!
My Grandmother never stuffed a chicken, or at least, one that I can recall. She did a lot of things with the old bird but stuffing it or even the breast was not one of them. This recipe is more a take on the taste of foods when sitting around her grand dining room table, be it on a Sunday or maybe for a special occasion.
Now my Grandmother made the best cornbread dressing that I have ever tasted. I bet many of you say the same about your Grand, maybe of your Mom. And when her dressing plated with perfectly roasted chicken, now that was a fine, meaningful meal. A mouthful of savory taste. That is what this recipe is all about – a homecoming of flavor. Enjoy!
Southern Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup finely chopped smoked link sausage
- 2 tablespoons butter or butter combined with bacon fat
- 1/3 cup finely diced bell pepper medley
- 1/3 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup finely crumbled plain cornbread
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cream cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white port