Buttermilk Brined Grilled Chicken, photo
Celebrate with these Favorites!
It's no wonder we enjoy outdoors celebrating our independence day, there's so much to do. Besides watching fireworks, Americans enjoy grilling and picnics on the fourth more than any other holiday. According to U.S. News and World Report, Americans spent approximately $2.4 billion at the supermarket for Fourth of July (2012 stats).
Here are some more interesting facts from Bloomberg.
Americans purchase over 700 million pounds of chicken the week of July 4th making chicken the most popular item to throw on the grill.
155 million hot dogs are consumed on the fourth. That's enough to stretch from Washington DC to Los Angeles - 5 times.
1 out of 6 beef products (like hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks) come from the lone star state of Texas. Americans enjoying beef on the fourth ranks lower than chicken or pork.
The average Independence barbecue meal averages 1,667 calories . . . actually lower than most think.
One of the most common side dishes for the holiday is baked beans. North Dakota supplies 34 percent of the beans produced in the United States.
"There's nothing better than an ice-cold beer" rings true on the fourth as ovef 24 million cases are sold during the holiday period.
- Buttermilk Brined Grilled Chicken, photo
- We all scream for ice cream in the United States around Independence Day, as National Ice Cream Day is celebrated on July 3 and July is National Ice Cream month.
- Now for some of my Favorite Recipes:
- Potato Salad with Deviled Egg Dressing
- Creamy Southern Pasta Salad
- Sweet Grilled Vidalia Onions
- Baked Beans with Brown Sugar Recipe