Do you ever feel like dinner is boring and you need a massive burst of flavor?
Even though I’m always trying to come up with new, family-favorite yet frugal recipes to share with you guys, I sometime get in “blah” rut too and everything tastes the same.
Let me assure you – this Jamaican jerk chicken recipe is anything but boring!
That’s a bit of a feat, because fellow jerk chicken lovers know that finding a good jerk chicken recipe is NOT an easy task.
First, some call for sugar, which I understand will combat the heat…
- 2 Tbsp garlic (about 4 large garlic cloves)
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved (keep seeds and membranes for added heat)*
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 large limes)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (we use liquid aminos)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 5-6 pounds of chicken, rinsed and dried (we’ve used thighs, breasts and drumsticks)