A healthier rhubarb and strawberry crumble with the addition of coconut to add something sweet. A great dessert for summer. Try some with some coconut cream.
I saw some rhubarb in the supermarket and instantly thought “crumble!”. I added desiccated coconut to the topping and strawberries to the filling to give it a little lift to the normal rhubarb crumble that I make. It was delicious. I loved the coconut topping and thought it went well with the rhubarb. Just keep an eye on it during cooking that it does not burn though! If it starts to look too dark in colour, cover it with some greaseproof paper. Strawberries and rhubarb….a great summer combination!
- 2 cups of strawberries, halved
- 8 oz rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup granular sugar substitute (I used erythritol)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup dessicated coconut
- 4 tblspn butter, cut into pieces