Haas Avocado Cucumber Salad with Cumin Dressing (for Atkins Diet Phase 2)
- Haas Avocado Cucumber Salad with Cumin Dressing (for Atkins Diet Phase 2)
- Write a review
- Save Recipe
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 Haas avocado (seeded & diced)
- 1 Japanese cucumber (peeled & diced)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 tbsps chopped red onion
- For salad dressing
- 1 tsp toasted ground cumin*
- 3 tbsps lemon juice
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & ground black pepper (to taste)
- To prepare the dressing, mix ground cumin and lemon juice in a small bowl, then whisk in olive oil gradually until well blended. Season to taste.
- Toss the mixed greens with 4 tablespoons of dressing, then transfer to serving dish.
- Toss the other salad ingredients: avocado, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion with the remaining dressing, then top over the salad greens.
- Adjust the seasoning, if desired, and serve immediately.
- *Toast 1 tablespoon cumin seeds in a dry skillet over low heat, keep stirring, for about 2 minutes, until fragrant. Then grind the toasted spice into powder, yields about 1 teaspoon.
- Each serving: 6.7 g Net Carbs
- Diet Plan 101 http://www.dietplan-101.com/
- The post Haas Avocado Cucumber Salad with Cumin Dressing (Atkins Diet Phase 2 Recipe) appeared first on Diet Plan 101.