Avocado and Feta Kale Salad with Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette – Hearty, delicious and healthy Kale Salad featuring Avocados and Feta with pears, almonds, raisins, tomatoes, peppers and Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette.
Besides, after 3 slices of that Bananas Foster Cake AND a few of them awesome Shrimp, it was time to hit the reset button and stuff thy belly with a salad.
Hi Hey! How ARE you? Raise your hand if you LOVE kale!!
Mmm’kay… not very many hands.
Please allow me to change your mind with this salad. Cool?
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 bag (6-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 4 cups torn kale leaves, packed
- 1 pear, chopped
- ½-cup red raisins
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 mini sweet peppers, julienned
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½-cup toasted almonds
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup red-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 4 small cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste