Dinner Tonight: Healthy Harvest Turkey Lasagna and Baked French Bread
Another heavy rain overnight. Cloudy and rain on and off all day. I think the lawns around our neighborhood have never been any greener than what they are this Spring, green and full. Cleaned out my junk closet today, and that's what it's full of JUNK! For dinner tonight an always favorite meal, Lasagna. I prepared Healthy Harvest Turkey Lasagna and Baked French Bread.
Day 2 of "Freezer Meals" I'm using Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast, which I had in the freezer and sat it in the fridge to thaw overnight. I use the recipe that's on back of the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Lasagna Box as a guide. Making changes to some of the ingredients to reduce calories and carbs. I used the following; 1lb Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast, 3 cups (26 oz jar) Ragu Super Chunky Mushroom Pasta Sauce, Sliced Mushrooms (optional), 1 1/2 cups Water,
1 3/4 cups (15 oz container) Kroger Part Skim Milk Ricotta Cheese, 2 cups (8 oz) Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided, 1/2 cup grated Kraft Parmesan Cheese, 1/2 cup chopped fresh Parsley, 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, 1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper, and 6 pieces Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Lasagna, uncooked. Cutting calories and carbs by using Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast and the Kroger Part Skim Milk Ricotta Cheese, Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta, and Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese.
- Then to prepare it, Heat oven to 350°F. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, brown Turkey; season to taste and drain of excess fat. Add the Spaghetti Sauce, Mushrooms, and Water; simmer about 10 minutes. Pour about 1 cup Sauce on bottom of a 13×9 foil pan. Arrange 2 UNCOOKED pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with 1 cup sauce. Spread one-half Ricotta Cheese over Sauce. Repeat layers of RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA, Sauce and Ricotta Cheese filling. Top with layer of RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA and remaining Sauce; sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- The Lasagna comes out perfect, love this recipe! Everything tasted so fresh and as usual the Jennie -O Turkey was the star bringing everything together to make one delicious dish! Plenty of leftovers for another meal or to freeze for later use. I’ve frozen this several times and it always comes out great after reheating. I left the original recipe at the bottom of the post. With just a few changes I saved on calories, carbs, and fat grams. The original recipe is at the end of the post. I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury Rustic French Bread. For dessert later tonight a Healthy Choice Frozen Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.
- Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Lasagna
- 1lb ground beef
- 3 cups (26 oz jar) spaghetti sauce
- 1 small container of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups (15 oz container) ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 9 pieces RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA, uncooked