Dinner Tonight: Healthy Harvest Turkey Lasagna w/ Baked French Bread
It's been a long 24 hours for me. I've been dealing with severe Phantom Pains since about 8:00 last night. I think I only got about an hour or so of sleep as the pain was very bad. Since I was up early anyway I went to Meijer and picked up items for tonight's dinner and picked up a few Jennie - O Turkey Products. Tried to get some sleep this afternoon but the Phantom Pians have continued through Dinner. Hope it lets up soon so I can get some sleep. For dinner tonight, a Comfort Food the whole Family loves, Healthy Harvest Turkey Lasagna w/ Baked French Bread.
Layering the Lasagna
I used the recipe that was on back of the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Lasagna Box as a guide. Making changes to some of the ingredients to reduce calories and carbs. I used the following; 1lb Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast, 3 cups (26 oz jar) Ragu Light Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce, Sliced Mushrooms (amount may vary to taste), 1 1/2 cups Water, 1 3/4 cups (15 oz container) Miceli’s Lite Ricotta Cheese, 2 cups (8 oz) Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided, 1/2 cup grated Kraft Parmesan Cheese, 1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley, 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, 1/4 tsp ground Black Pepper, and 6 pieces Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Lasagna, uncooked. Cutting calories and carbs by using Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast and the Miceli’s Lite Ricotta Cheese, Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta, Ragu Light Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce and Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese.
- Layering the Lasagna
- Then to prepare it, Heat oven to 350°F. In a skillet, over medium-high heat, brown Turkey; season to taste and drain of excess fat. Add the Spaghetti Ssauce, Mushrooms, and Water; simmer about 10 minutes. Pour about 1 cup Sauce on bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish. Arrange 2 UNCOOKED pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce; cover with 1 cup sauce. Spread one-half Ricotta Cheese over Sauce. Repeat layers of RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA, Sauce and Ricotta Cheese filling. Top with layer of RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA and remaining Sauce; sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese. Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes. Remove foil; bake additional 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- Dinner is served
- The Lasagna came out perfect! Everything tasted so fresh and as usual the Jennie -O Turkey was the star bringing everything together to make one delicious dish! Plenty of leftovers for another meal or to freeze for later use. I’ve frozen this several times and it always comes out great after reheating. I left the original recipe at the bottom of the post. With just a few changes I saved on calories, carbs, and fat grams.I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury Rustic French Bread. For dessert later tonight a Healthy Choice Frozen Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.
- Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Easy Lasagna (Original Recipe)
- Healthy Harvest Turkey Lasagna
- 1lb ground beef
- 3 cups (26 oz jar) spaghetti sauce
- 1 small container of baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups (15 oz container) ricotta or small curd cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 9 pieces RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA, uncooked