Made with only a handful of all-natural ingredients, these homemade "Butterfingers" have the same crispy, crunchy texture of the popular name-brand candy bars, without any of the high-fructose corn syrup or preservatives. They're not even that difficult to make, once you know what you're doing!
- 1 cup pure maple syrup, or honey
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup unsalted natural peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 cups dark chocolate chips, as desired for coating
- butter or coconut oil, for greasing the saucepan