Ever feel like there just aren’t enough hours in a day? Between work, school, family, friends and more, it’s really easy for me to feel completely drained at the end of the day, and the thought of cooking a romantic date night meal like Salmon Asparagus Fettuccine Alfredo for my husband and I just feels…exhausting.
It’s really important for us to take time during our busy work week to stay connected, share a meal, and talk about all the stuff that’s going on around us. We both work full time and own our own businesses, so any time we can find an hour to carve out a date night, we take advantage of it.
- ½ pound dry fettucine pasta
- ½ pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste