You. Yes, you there. I know you’re guilty of it. I am too. Yes, I’m talking about buying ready-made pizza dough. It’s really a crime how simple this stuff is to make. For the longest time, I’ve been daunted by the thought of making dough, especially anything involving yeast. It just seemed beyond my capacity as a home chef. But no more! Liberate yourself, and have a go at making your own dough. I promise, you will never look back! This dough also doesn’t require kneading, so it’s super easy to put together.
- 3½ cups Bread Flour or AP Flour (plus more for rolling)
- 1 teaspoon sugar, honey or agave
- 1 packet active dry yeast (2¼ teaspoons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1½ cup very warm water (110 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (plus 2 teaspoons more)