As I mentioned in my Watermelon Salsa post, I recently visited the island of St. Maarten/St. Martin for my anniversary. I was blown away by the delicious French food all over the island…béchamel, crêpes, gruyère, oh my! I fell in love with a crêpe from a local bakery/café called Café Atlantico.
They have a crêpe called the Contandina, which features a delicious spinach, mushroom, béchamel and gruyère cheese filling. Let’s just say I had this thing for breakfast 3 days in a row, and I could literally have this for breakfast every day for the rest of my life and die happy.
- 1 link spicy Italian turkey sausage, casing removed
- 10 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, stems removed and reserved
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- Olive oil spray
- salt and pepper, to taste