A few weeks ago we discussed the importance thinking about our cookware. Today I’ll highlight some healthier bakeware choices for all your baking and roasting needs.
Most bakeware sold in stores is made of an aluminum mixture. This aluminum can leach into our food. Non-stick and silicone-coated pans can also leach harmful chemicals and gases into food and the air, so I stick with stainless steel, ceramic, stone and glass.
Here are some of my favorite choices:
Baking Sheets: Stainless steel is a great choice for an all-purpose baking sheet. It heats evenly and is very sturdy. They are a bit more expensive than aluminum, but these pans last a lifetime. You can find stainless steel baking sheets at Amazon, The Baker’s Kitchen, and Azure Standard.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain whole yogurt (or a coconut yogurt)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup honey (I used clover)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 pound unsalted butter, softened, each stick cut into tablespoons