This Paleo Pear and Almond Crisp makes for an ultra decadent dessert. Buttery, tender caramelized pears are topped with a crunchy-edged oaty almond crumble. This pear and almond crisp with an absolutely delicious crumble topping is the perfect cozy fall/winter dessert – warm, homey, and perfectly balanced. I’m in love!
This dessert is also super easy to make, and it takes only 30 minutes to make. If you want to make it for a bigger crowd, double the recipe (for both the filling and the topping) and use a single baking dish.
- ⅛ cup coconut sugar
- 2 cups peeled and cubed pears
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp (1 stick) cold, unsalted butter
- ¼ cup gluten free quick oats
- ½ cup sliced almonds, divided
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)