Happy National S’more Day! This has got to be my number one favorite food holiday. You can’t go wrong with an ooey gooey s’more! I decided to take the classic s’more to a different level and made these decadent S’more Whoopie Pies. Two chewy chocolate cookies with a layer of creamy marshmallow buttercream frosting topped with a smooth chocolate ganache and crunchy graham cracker crumbs. You have GOT to try this treat!
Make these and your friends and family will think you got them from a bakery. They’re pretty fantastic! I feel like a kid biting into one of these whoopie pies. And you’re going to love how easy they are to make!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 c. butter, softened but not to room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 (7oz) jar marshmallow fluff
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 1/3 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- 1 graham cracker, crushed (for topping)