OK, the title of this blog post is actually backwards. We’re gonna do some Real Talk up front then move into the recipe.
Here’s the deal: This past weekend I had the honor and privilege of attending some pretty great events. I’ll quickly sum them up here. On Friday I attended the Slow Food National Leadership Conference here in New Orleans. It was great to be able to commune with like-minded folks. The highlight of that event for me was getting to hear Alice Waters give an impassioned speech on rejecting “fast food” culture and embracing a “slow food” culture. Her words were so prophetic. So inspiring. Moving, really.
- 6 slices sour dough baugette
- 1 large whole peeled garlic clove
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chiffonade basil
- 2 teaspoons good quality balsamic vinegar