Arugula Pesto Pasta Recipe
So yesterday I published this great arugula pesto recipe… Today we’ll take that recipe a step further and use it in a tasty pasta dish – something I like to call an arugula pesto pasta recipe. This recipe also features tomatoes and bacon. YUM. It’s a dish I’ve made for years and now I’m finally sharing it with you fine folks. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Let’s just jump right into the recipe and ingredients, shall we? As you can see below this pasta is made from many delicious things like bacon, tomato, pesto, sweet onions, parmesan cheese. Overall this is a rather healthy recipe, low in saturated fats and loaded with healthy veggies like tomato, onions and arugula. The bacon in this dish is minimal, it averages to about a slice per person. Definitely a reasonable portion.
- 1-16 ounce box of shaped pasta such as casarecce or elbow
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into 1/8" strips
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil (optional)
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes, quartered and cut into 1/8" thick slices
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese + 2 tablespoons extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup arugula pesto