This easy recipe for Crock-Pot Sausage And Cheese Tortellini Soup is quick to make and toss together in the slow cooker. The addition of cream cheese thickens up the soup slightly and creates a creaminess that just soothes the soul.
I used just regular pork sausage to make this recipe kid friendly. However you can spice it up by using a spicy Italian sausage. Or even change the flavor profile with any type of sausage you like.
The cooking time on this recipe is pretty important. Anything over the 6 hours in the recipe and your tortellini will get mushy.
- 1 lb Pork Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 (19 Oz.) Package Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 1 (10 Oz.) Bag Frozen Spinach,
- 2 (14.5 Oz.) Cans Diced Tomatoes
- 2 (15 Oz.) Cans Chicken Broth
- 1 (8 Oz.) Cream Cheese, Cubed