I am cooking a real special meal today!
Big Goo brought home two beautiful eggplants and I thought this would be perfect to make my favorite pasta dish.
Pasta with Eggplant, Sausage and Pancetta!
Traditionally I make this dish minus the eggplant but I wanted to veggie up dinner!
I started by roasting the eggplant with olive oil and lots of spices.
You want to season the eggplant because it’s all about layering the flavor.
Plus, eggplant can be boring so spice it up folks!
Next, I sauteed onion and garlic and added my Italian sausage to the mixture.
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup pasta cooking water
- 2 medium eggplant, diced 1 inch thick
- 1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup diced pancetta
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of sugar
- extra virgin olive oil