I really needed to make a quick, barely any prep work required, meal for dinner tonight.
I can always depend on my trusty Slow Cooker Italian Bean Soup with Sausage to solve all my dinner rush problems!
With this house finally getting settled into all the back to school hoopla, this is the perfect no fuss meal.
I literally just browned my sausage in a little olive oil for about 2 minutes per side.
I only browned the sausage because Big Goo requires crust on his sausage.
He will not eat them if they don’t look like they’ve been partially “fried!”
- 8 Italian sausage links
- 4 cups northern white beans, organic, canned, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth, low sodium, organic
- 2 cups beef broth, low sodium, organic
- 2 cups red salsa
- 1 cup carrots, frozen, diced
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- cooked rice to serve
- crusty bread to serve
- extra virgin olive oil