I am excited to be partnering this year with Coca Cola to talk about all things ESSENCE®!
ESSENCE Festival 2015® is fast approaching and I thought I would celebrate the wonderful occasion with Shrimp Etouffee!
Nothing goes better with Shrimp Etouffee than a nice cold Coca Cola!
ESSENCE Festival 2015® is being held in New Orleans, Louisiana which means great food, fun, and festivities!
If you can’t make it to this years event, why not create a taste of New Orleans at home?
My Shrimp Etouffee is perfect meal to give you an authentic New Orleans food experience.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 stick butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 cup flour
- green onions to garnish
- hot rice or mashed potatoes
- garlic bread to serve
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper