I love Mexican food. It’s one of my favorites. Actually, I think it is my favorite (in a two-way tie with Italian food). I could eat some type of taco, burrito, or enchilada every day of the week. When I do my menu planning I find myself struggling to not to make Mexican food recipes every day. Because I would, I love it that much.
For this Cinco de Mayo recipe, I decided to marry my two favorite cultures into one dinner: Italian and Mexican. It even has a Crust. Be still my heart.
It’s a pizza with Mexican flavor. A Mexican Pizza. And it was so good.
- For this Cinco de Mayo recipe, I decided to marry my two favorite cultures into one dinner: Italian and Mexican. It even has a Crust. Be still my heart.
- Instead of red pizza sauce, I use refried beans mixed with a little salsa for kick. Let me tell you, I can eat an entire recipe of those beans in one sitting all by myself. They are that good. Like regular pizza, it’s coated in cheese and delicious. (That part down in the right-hand corner? It’s the bean-free section for my picky daughter who won’t eat beans. Or anything except bread and cheese.)
- You can top your pizza with whatever you like: shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions. Serve it with the usual Mexican food accompaniments: salsa, sour cream, and guacamole. Then grab yourself a few slices and watch it disappear quickly!
- Happy Cinco de Mayo!
- Mexican Pizza
- Printer-Friendly Recipe
- 1 recipe Overnight Pizza Crust or your favorite pizza dough
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ¼ fire roasted salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa for garnish