So I threw a little party. A special little party with a very important guest of honour. Our very special guest was none other than “Bacon”. I invite “Bacon” quite often to the Bee household. We know “Bacon” well. It gets invited to all special occasions and holidays. Christmas Brunch, New Year’s Day Brunch, Easter Brunch, Mother’s Day Breakfast, Father’s Day Breakfast, the odd Sunday and once in a while just a random Wednesday.
I had the pleasure of working with Aurora Importing recently. They sent me some cannoli shells to take for a test ride so I made some pistachio filling and chomped down on Pistachio Cannoli’s. They sent along a Fiasconaro Dolce Verde Pistachio which is basically like a pistachio panettone. It came with this amazing pistachio cream you spread over top of the cake. So good I may have cried a little bit. I have the pleasure of giving one away to 1 fellow Canuck so if you love pistachios you should stop by to enter the giveaway.
- 1 fresh baquette, cut into slices
- 1/4 cup Nocellara Olive Oil or Olive Oil of your choice
- 1 cup pizza sauce, homemade or store bought (if using store bought add a touch of sugar for extra sweetness, it works wonders!)
- 1 package (500 g) Mozzarellissima Cheese (this is Pizza Mozzarella which is fabulous, if you can't find it substitute regular Mozzarella)
- 1/2 to 1 pound of bacon, pre-cooked (I'll admit I ate half the bacon before it got on the pizza)