February 8, 2012 8 comments »
Valentine Heart Pizza
Here’s a super fun recipe idea for Valentine’s Day.
What better way to say Happy Valentine’s Day than to…….
……make a pizza in the shape of a heart!
You can make large hearts, medium hearts, or small heart pizzas. And the toppings are totally up to you; they can be customized with your very own favorite ingredients.
The pizza dough is so easy to make; just 4 ingredients….ok 5 if you count the water.
I made 3 delicious pizzas from the dough recipe below. A large heart topped with ham and Swiss; a medium heart topped with fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, shallots, shredded zucchini, and smoked paprika; and A small heart breakfast pizza with scrambled eggs, mozzarella and crumbled bacon. Yum!
- For the Pizza Crust:
- (makes two crusts)
- 1 teaspoon Active Dry or Instant Yeast
- 1 ½ cup warm Water
- 4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- For the Pizza:
- (This recipe uses one crust)
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Cut Tomatoes (canned)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Cheese (4 ounces grated, 4 ounces sliced)
- 3 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 6 slices of Deli Ham
- 1 sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Fresh Basil